ResourceManager behavior different when using identity impersonate="true"

steven

I have an asp.net webapp running on W2K server with .net framework 1.1

The intranet-app supports 2 languages: dutch (fallback language) and
french. The choice is made with 'Request.UserLanguages[0]'

In IIS the application is configured to use only windows
authentication. The web.config file contains <identity
impersonate="true" />. When I restart the server, only the primary
..resx (language.resx) file is used. The file that should be used
(language.fr.resx) is ignored. If I logon once directly to the server
where the webapp is running and I browse to the app, the correct
language is used by the resourcemanager. Even by sessions started from
different machines.

When I remove <identity impersonate="true" />, the correct language
becomes active immediatly, but this doesn't help me because I need
impersonation (to do AD-queries)

I suppose the permissions on
"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files"
influence this behavior.

Any hints to solve this problem are welcome

sample code fragment:
resMan = new ResourceManager("AppName.Resource.Language",
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly() );
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture =
CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(Request.UserLanguages[0]);
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture =
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;
Literal1.Text = Request.UserLanguages[0] + " " + User.Identity.Name +
resMan.GetString("lbltest");