Response.Write alternatives

Bijoy Naick

My standard asp application contains a page that does something like
this..

- runs a query, the result set of which looks like

1, "Event 1", "Event 1 Problem 1", "resolution"
1, "Event 1", "Event 1 Problem 2", "resolution"
2, "Event 2", "Event 2 Problem 1", "resolution"
2, "Event 2", "Event 2 Problem 2", "resolution"

- the page output is as follows:

1
Event 1

Event 1 Problem 1
Event 1 Problem 1 resolution

Event 1 Problem 2
Event 1 Problem 2 resolution

----

2
Event 3

Event 2 Problem 1
Event 2 Problem 1 resolution

Event 2 Problem 2
Event 2 Problem 2 resolution

How do i go about this in Asp. NET using code behind? I can always
"write" the output to a label's text field, but given that there can be
1000s of records, this approach doesn't seem right.