response.write on remote server

ECathell

I am trying to debug a remote application that works fine on my devmachine(localhost) but does not work as intended on my production server. i have setup a codeblock that is supposed to show a messagebox for the errorcode or anyother message I want to send...

Public Shared Sub ASPNET_MsgBox(ByVal Message As String)
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Write("<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=""JavaScript"">" & vbCrLf)

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Write("alert(""" & Message & """)" & vbCrLf)

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Write("</SCRIPT>")

End Sub

This works well on my dev machine, but it wont execute on my production server. Even if I setup a test button with only a message as its action...

What am I doing wrong?