ResponseEncoding in Web User Control Page

Tom

Hi,

I set the ResponseEncoding="UTF-8" for the aspx page. I created a web user
control ascx page which also needs ResponseEncoding="UTF-8".

I added the following lines of code to the aspx page:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="top" TagName="topmenu" Src="top.ascx" %>
<top:topmenu id="TopMenu" runat="server" enabled=true />

But, ResponseEncoding is not supported by Control page.

And, the text content displays wrongly in control page.

How can I fix the ResponseEncoding problem in Web Control page?

Regards

Joerg Jooss

Tom said:
Hi,

I set the ResponseEncoding="UTF-8" for the aspx page. I created a web
user control ascx page which also needs ResponseEncoding="UTF-8".

I added the following lines of code to the aspx page:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="top" TagName="topmenu" Src="top.ascx" %>
<top:topmenu id="TopMenu" runat="server" enabled=true />

But, ResponseEncoding is not supported by Control page.

And, the text content displays wrongly in control page.

There's no such things as control pages. It's either pages or controls... in
your case, it's a user control.

How can I fix the ResponseEncoding problem in Web Control page?

If it's set correctly at page (or application) level, that shouldn't happen.
Can you provide more details?

Cheers,