Resuming scroll position

Emmanuel

Hi,

I have placed a DataList control inside a panel control to obtain a
scrollable list using the overflow:auto attribute. The rows in the data list
contains and edit LinkButton to enable editing of the selected row via
postback.
My problem is that if i click on the edit button of a row which is not
immidiately visible in the scrollable list than i have to scroll down to
find the row to be edited. Is there a way to resume the scroll position??

regards,

Emmanuel

Hi!

thanks.

However, I'm trying to resume the scroll position of a region (DIV -
Asp:panel) of the page, apparently the smartNavigation does not do that :(

any more ideas please?

regards,

Guest

sorry i got it wrong the last time,
just a thought
capture the scroll position of the div into a hidden field in the onscroll
event of the div or before causing postback and onload set the scroll
position of the div to the value in the hidden field.
let me know if it works :)