resx files

Servé La

We have an aspnet project where 2 people are working on and we have put the
source files into subversion.
Thinking that they were not crucial for a project, we did not put in the
resx files. But after we both ran into strange problems and we added the
resx files to the project it all seemed to work again.

Therefore I'd like to know how crucial resx files are to a VS.net solution.
I can't find anything important in there.

Stefano

Hi,

resx files, associated with aspx files, could be used for localization
purpose.
But... I never heard about people who used that!

Anyway, you should be able to remove that from VS.NET solution without
problems. I did it.

So... what kind of "strange problems" have you removing resx ?

Bye,
Stefano

Servé La

Stefano said:
Hi,

resx files, associated with aspx files, could be used for localization
purpose.
But... I never heard about people who used that!

Anyway, you should be able to remove that from VS.NET solution without
problems. I did it.

So... what kind of "strange problems" have you removing resx ?

Doing a full rebuild gave errors that xxx.resx wasnt found on every aspx
file.
Double clicking on global.asax didnt work because it was missing the resx
file

stuff like that

Stefano

Are you removing resx file manually from file system?

I suggest you to remove resx files using Visual Studio Solution Explorer. In
this way, also the VS web project will be updated, so you should not have
problems when rebuild.

HTH

Bye,
Stefano