retrieving data from website

max

hi there all, me again...
is it possible if you know the layout of a web site, to retrieve data from
it? i mean things like a weather site that gives temperatures being consumed
by a web service that takes the temperatures and passes them back to me.

any help would be fab,
max

Tu-Thach

Of course, you can make a web request and read the response back. Then, search for the pattern that you want to obtain the result. The problem is when the page is moved or the layout/pattern is changed

Tu-Thac
www.ongtech.co

----- max wrote: ----

hi there all, me again..
is it possible if you know the layout of a web site, to retrieve data fro
it? i mean things like a weather site that gives temperatures being consume
by a web service that takes the temperatures and passes them back to me

any help would be fab
ma

Guest

max,

something like that
' Establish the request
Dim loHttp As HttpWebRequest = CType(WebRequest.Create(http://blabla),
HttpWebRequest)
Dim loWebResponse As HttpWebResponse
Dim loResponseStream As System.IO.StreamReade
Dim webSite As String

loWebResponse = CType(loHttp.GetResponse(), HttpWebResponse)
loResponseStream = New
System.IO.StreamReader(loWebResponse.GetResponseStream())

' Get the page
webSite = loResponseStream.ReadToEnd

Alexey