Retrieving Values from Another Website

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi
    I need to develop a ASP.net (c#) app that
    responds to a user sending a request
    i.e. from another website something like
    www.fakename.com/forwardmydetails?myname=bob&airport=lhr&time=0900&date=12122005

    so when this url is clicked on it opens myapplication (webpage), processes
    the querystring which then posts this result to another website
    i.e. a travelbooking engine which processes the request (i dont have to code
    that site)
    gets the result and displays the result on myapplication (webpage)
    i.e. Hi Bob you have 3 choices of travel from heathrow airport
    a b or c etc.

    sorry about the lack of terminology, but i am unsure if this a webservice,
    http response or ?
    if anyone can pass me some details on an article or code snippett that would
    be great

    Thanks for your help

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Do a google on "calling a remote page" or similar.

    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 17, 2005

    Lucas Tam Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBTdGVlbGUgKEJhc2VtYXAp?=
    what you want to build is a web service... tho the example you provided is
    a HTTP response.

    Take a look at a webservice, it'll make your life easier : )

    Lucas Tam, Aug 17, 2005