Rich Asp.Net User Control

Maurizio Alberti

Hi,
I would like to create a rich (graphic)
ASP.NET User Control with GDI+
and I'm able to do it.
I have two question about this:

1-I would like to include a background image
(for example a jpg file) without shipping a
distinct file with my control, it's possible?

2-I save the generated image in a subfolder
with write-permission for the IUSR_<SERVERNAME>
but i don't like this solution, some suggestion?

Thanks

Maurizio Alberti

Here's more information:

thanks
But this isn't so slick for web controls. ASP.NET 2.0 will provide better
support for embedding images in web controls.

Wow! Do you know when ASP.NET 2.0 will be published?

Iain Norman

Wow! Do you know when ASP.NET 2.0 will be published?
Should reach release by christmas hopefully.

BETA 1 is out and available to play with, but you can't publish.

BETA 2 will have a publish license and should be out this first
quarter was the last inklings I had heard.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Beta 1 is out now, Beta 2 should be out within the next couple months.
The full release product should be out before the end of the year.