richtextbox not available in toolbox

New World Order Pigs

I am trying to use the .net version of the richtextbox control on a web page
and when I use the "system.windows.forms" namespace the richtextbox does
show up in the toolbox but it is greyed out. I would like to know why this
is and what I need to do to allow this object to be useable to at least
select. I know there are other issues about using this control on a web
page but I believe I need to get past this unexpected problem first. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
NWOP.

Rick Strahl [MVP]

Windows forms controls can't be just dropped onto an ASP.Net form. You need
to embed it with an object tag.

<object id="test" classid="bin/yourdll.dll#Namespace.ControlName"
height="100" width="100"></object>

Remember this will only work if IE 6 and .Net are installed on the client so
this is a very limited solution.

+++ RIck ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

New World Order Pigs

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with making the control available in the
toolbox but is literally putting the control on the form? Is that correct?

Thanks Rick,
NWOP.

New World Order Pigs

Thanks for the response Rick. Another question I have is how do I
initialize the control and then access it to control it? Are there any
examples of this that you know of?

Thanks again,
NWOP.