rotate operators

Robert Finch

Hi,

Can I suggest using !>> and <<! for right and left rotate operations
respectively ?

Rob

Mike Wahler

Robert Finch said:
Hi,

Can I suggest using !>> and <<! for right and left rotate operations
respectively ?

Suggest away. But this isn't really the best group
for that. The group where the C++ standard and its
future directions are discussed is comp.std.c++.
Here we try to keep the discussion about the language
in its current form.

-Mike

Ron Natalie

Robert said:
Hi,

Can I suggest using !>> and <<! for right and left rotate operations
respectively ?

You can suggest it...not sure anybody has any great need for such.

!<< would be better. !>> AND !<< have the advantage of not being
a currently valid sequence of tokens (at least to my pre-coffee recollection).
<<! is technically a legal (though perhaps not useful) sequence:

1 << !0;