ruby 1.8.0 with VC++

Stefan Staudt

Hallo,

if have problems to build ruby 1.8.0 on Win32 with VC++ 6.0. Can anyone
send me a config.h which fits, is there a source code which can be compiled
available or what do I have to do?

Thanks,

Stefan

Dipl-Ing. Stefan Staudt

(e-mail address removed)-stuttgart.de
Tel: +49 (0)711 / 121-2462
Tel: +49 (0)711 / 121-2443 (SERCOS Competence Center)
FAX: +49 (0)711 121-2413

Institut fuer Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen
und Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)
Seidenstr. 36
D-70174 Stuttgart

Chad Fowler

Stefan said:
Hallo,

if have problems to build ruby 1.8.0 on Win32 with VC++ 6.0. Can
anyone send me a config.h which fits, is there a source code which can
be compiled available or what do I have to do?

Thanks,

Stefan
I'm not very proficient with VC++, but here's what I do:

(unpack ruby)
cd ruby-1.8.0\win32
configure
nmake
nmake install

Does this work for you?

Chad

Joey Gibson

||| (unpack ruby)
||| cd ruby-1.8.0\win32
||| configure
||| nmake
||| nmake install

I built it the day it came out, with the only difference being that I ran
everything from the ruby-1.8.0 directory instead of the win32 subdirectory.
I also had to run vcvars32.bat to set everything up for VC6 since I also
have the .Net SDK installed.

vcvars32.bat
cd ruby-1.8.0
win32\configure