Ruby Beginer

Emir P.

I am new in ruby and i want to know where i can begin to learn Ruby and
what platform should I use (for web development). Does ruby on rails 3
support more requests at moment or should I use merb or...

Sory for my bed english.

Uwe Kubosch

I am new in ruby and i want to know where i can begin to learn Ruby and
what platform should I use (for web development). Does ruby on rails 3
support more requests at moment or should I use merb or...

You will find that most platforms are supported, so what platform you choose for Ruby development should be the one you are most comfortable with. Be sure to have a good editor :) And test a lot :)

For deployment, there are lots of options, both do-it-yourself and hosted. Most of these options do not impose much how you develop, so you can worry about that later. Start developing first :)

Ruby On Rails has supported simultaneous requests for a while now, but they are only really beneficial when running on JRuby (please correct me, anyone). Concurrent requests are disabled in development mode though, so you only really benefit in production mode.
Sory for my bed english.

Loks god to mi :)

If you want more specific recommendations, I and lots of others can give you our experiences.

Also note that this is the Ruby mailing list. If you want information about Ruby On Rails, the Ruby On Rails mailing list will serve you better :)

--
With kind regards
Uwe Kubosch