Ruby <-> digital camera

Bil Kleb

Hello,

Can someone point me to some search terms for finding
Ruby people or libraries that have used Ruby to grab
images from a digital camera?

Our iHeat program,

http://hdl.handle.net/2002/11932

may be in need of some Ruby assistance.

Thanks,

Jan Svitok

Hello,

Can someone point me to some search terms for finding
Ruby people or libraries that have used Ruby to grab
images from a digital camera?

Our iHeat program,

http://hdl.handle.net/2002/11932

may be in need of some Ruby assistance.

Thanks,

1. This thread may of interest to you. Although it seems it went
nowhere. http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/86336
gphoto2 is a linux application that (I suppose) allows controlling the
camera in addition to downloads.

2. Usb storage and/or some PTP protocol (whatever it is)
to download photos from normal (consumer) cameras. So mount, cp ;-)

J.

Robert Klemme

That sort of thing will mostly help getting metadata out of pictures,
not necessarily getting the pictures from the hardware.

Well, strictly speaking you are correct. IMHO "getting files from a
digicam" is nothing but a simple file copy. But to do that in a nice
way and not store all pictures in the same location access to EXIF
information is crucial. With that you can place pictures based on
creation time, modification time, tags and any other number of criteria
derived from EXIF info ("put all pictures with manual white balance
taken after 8:00pm into folder EveningShots").

Kind regards

robert