Ruby equivalence for php include("file.php");

Miquel Oliete

Hi there

I'm doing some RoR exercices to begin a website and I want to include a
file which contains the header template. I have coded using php
before and I know it's done using include("file.php") and I don't know
how to do it.

How do you include a html template into another one (I haven't found
anything googling)?

Thanks in advance

Regards

--

Miquel (a.k.a. Ktal=E0 a.k.a. Ton)
Linux User #286784

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games
Guns n' Roses

Avdi Grimm

Miquel said:
I'm doing some RoR exercices to begin a website and I want to include a
file which contains the header template. I have coded using php
before and I know it's done using include("file.php") and I don't know
how to do it.

This is the Ruby mailing list. The Ruby on Rails mailing list is what
you want: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk

Any good (or even mediocre) RoR tutorial will tell you how to do this.
Hint: 'render :partial'.

Miquel Oliete

This is the Ruby mailing list. The Ruby on Rails mailing list is what=20
you want: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk
=20
Any good (or even mediocre) RoR tutorial will tell you how to do this.=20
Hint: 'render :partial'.

Thanks for your hint and let me abuse of your kindness and knowledge
asking which are the differences between 'render :partial' and 'render:
file'

Thanks again :-D

Regards