Ruby in Australia...

Hal Fulton

Hi, all...

I have talked with two or three Rubyists in Australia --
principally Melbourne I think -- and I am wondering
how active things are over there?

Is there an Australia-wide Ruby conference perhaps?
Or might there be later?

Hal Fulton

Daniel N

Hi, all...

I have talked with two or three Rubyists in Australia --
principally Melbourne I think -- and I am wondering
how active things are over there?

Is there an Australia-wide Ruby conference perhaps?
Or might there be later?

Hal Fulton

Hey Hal,

Ruby is alive and well over here :) We have a very vibrant collection of
folks in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth too.

We usually meet up in our respective cities and afaik there's not been plans
for a ruby conf here.

Not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind, but it's quite a long way for
visitors from other countries to attend. I'd personally love to see an
australian ruby conf go down. There's a _lot_ of talent over here, and a
lot of passionate people involved in the community.

I've included the ROR oceania group on this reply so more people will see
this email.

Cheers
Daniel

James Edward Gray II

Not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind, but it's quite a long
way for visitors from other countries to attend.

That's why we want you to host one. It gives us an excellent excuse
to make that trip. ;)

James Edward Gray II

Daniel N

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 12:10 AM, James Edward Gray II <
On Oct 28, 2009, at 10:35 PM, Daniel N wrote:

Not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind, but it's quite a long way for

That's why we want you to host one. It gives us an excellent excuse to
make that trip. ;)

James Edward Gray II
Well in that case I don't see how we can't have one! Most of the chatter
about this is seeming to happen in IRC atm on #roro but I'll talk to a few
more peeps :)