Ruby Screencasts

Felix The cat

Greetings Everyone,

I have tried looking throughout the forum but didn't find the answer I
was looking for. I tried looking online but still was able to find
anything solid. Does any have any good recommendations for learning Ruby
via screencasts? I know there is a ton of books out there but videos are
so much nicer and it will give me something to do on the way to work.

Cheers

Brian Candler

Felix said:
I have tried looking throughout the forum but didn't find the answer I
was looking for. I tried looking online but still was able to find
anything solid. Does any have any good recommendations for learning Ruby
via screencasts? I know there is a ton of books out there but videos are
so much nicer and it will give me something to do on the way to work.

If you have a device on which you can watch videos on the way to work,
are you sure it can't be subverted to run Ruby itself? :)

Felix The cat

lasitha said:
Google found this:
http://www.rubyplus.org/
which seems to have some intro stuff in the archives.

Prag Dave has an excellent series on metaprogramming which is not
really intro material but well worth getting to eventually.
http://www.pragprog.com/screencasts/v-dtrubyom/the-ruby-object-model-and-metaprogramming

Cheers,
lasitha.

Thank you Lasitha. I have been wondering the net for most of the night.
I did find a few nice ones on showmedo.com and I was at the pragprog.com
website as well. I can't wait for the new book to come out for Ruby
1.9.1