Running a rake test task within a specific directory

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Daniel Berger, Jan 25, 2007.

  1. Hi all,

    I'm trying to figure out how to setup a task that temporarily changes
    to a specific directory, runs the tests, and returns to the current
    directory when finished. In case you're wondering why, I have some test
    cases that create temporary files (in the setup method), use those temp
    files in the tests themselves, and then delete them (in the teardown
    method).

    While I could jump through hoops to make sure the proper path of the
    temp files are found within each test case, I'd rather not. I was
    hoping to do something like this:

    Rake::TestTask.new('test_file') do |test|
    Dir.chdir('test/core/File') do
    test.test_files = FileList['*/*.rb']
    end
    end

    Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work, and I'm not sure why. Any
    ideas?

    Thanks,

    Dan

    PS - On an unrelated note, I *hate* this new google groups interface. I
    can't see my subscribed groups on the same page (it's an extra click
    away now), and there's no more "preview" option in the compose window.
    Oh, and the color scheme is depressing. BARF!

    Daniel Berger, Jan 25, 2007