Safari on Windows

Mythran

Mark Rae said:
http://www.apple.com/downloads

Beta 3 - seems to work OK on XP - haven't tried on Vista yet...

Very first thing I did after I downloaded safari yesterday made a bug rear
it's ugly head :D I have a multiple monitor system and when I maximize on
the secondary monitory, Safari maximizes with the left part of the browser
at the right-most part of the monitor, thereby leaving me with the illusion
that it crashed (can't see the browser at all)...

Workaround is to right click on Safari in the application tray, click move,
and move the browser via the arrow keys...

Anywho...tough luck for me...I do my development on my primary monitor and
my testing (asp.net) on my secondary monitor (via the browsers)...bah

Mythran

Mark Rae

Very first thing I did after I downloaded safari yesterday made a bug rear
it's ugly head :D I have a multiple monitor system and when I maximize on
the secondary monitory, Safari maximizes with the left part of the browser
at the right-most part of the monitor, thereby leaving me with the
illusion that it crashed (can't see the browser at all)...

Workaround is to right click on Safari in the application tray, click
move, and move the browser via the arrow keys...

Anywho...tough luck for me...I do my development on my primary monitor and
my testing (asp.net) on my secondary monitor (via the browsers)...bah

Yep, it's a beta and no mistake... ;-)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/12/safar_crashing_experience/
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2191861/first-security-flaw-safari

It's interesting that Apple are touting this as a serious competitor to
IE... Good luck to them with that, of course, but the problem I see is that
they seem to have gone out of their way to make it look like a Mac app, even
down to the scrollbars and the bottom right-hand corner of the window...

In my experience, (home) users are really uncomfortable with new products
which don't look like what they're used to, which is why Microsoft have
always taken care to allow e.g. new versions of Windows to have the option
to look like the old version - this allows people to make the transition to
the new look when they're good and ready...

I think Apple have seriously misjudged the number of (home) users who will
want to install a Windows app which looks nothing like a Windows app,
especially when that app is their web browser...

Just my twopenceworth...

Evan M.

Yep, it's a beta and no mistake... ;-)http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/0...nunet/news/2191861/first-security-flaw-safari

It's interesting that Apple are touting this as a serious competitor to
IE... Good luck to them with that, of course, but the problem I see is that
they seem to have gone out of their way to make it look like a Mac app, even
down to the scrollbars and the bottom right-hand corner of the window...

In my experience, (home) users are really uncomfortable with new products
which don't look like what they're used to, which is why Microsoft have
always taken care to allow e.g. new versions of Windows to have the option
to look like the old version - this allows people to make the transition to
the new look when they're good and ready...

I think Apple have seriously misjudged the number of (home) users who will
want to install a Windows app which looks nothing like a Windows app,
especially when that app is their web browser...

Just my twopenceworth...

--http://www.markrae.net

They did the same thing with iTunes. The difference between Safari and
iTunes is the fact that I "need" iTunes to put songs on my iPod. I
don't need Safari to do anything. If Apple would just concede a little
bit and use the standard windowing APIs, things would be a lot better.