Sample code for "calling Unix Script(telnet) from Java Application on windows

vinay

Hi,
I am vinay. I am new to this group. I want to co execute a unix
script(telnet) from my java application. I dont know how to connect and
also what to use? So please help me to solve this issue with a sample
code. It will be a great help for me. My email Id is
(e-mail address removed) and (e-mail address removed)

Thanks and regards,
vinay

lordy

Hi,
I am vinay. I am new to this group. I want to co execute a unix
script(telnet) from my java application. I dont know how to connect and
also what to use? So please help me to solve this issue with a sample
code. It will be a great help for me.

If it's as simple as telnet you might be better off writing directly to a
client socket.
Google java client server socket examples

or even Java telnet example etc. etc.
My email Id is
(e-mail address removed) and (e-mail address removed)

Now you might get a bit more spam to your inbox posting them here,
and its considered rude to ask for private replies. 1. Others do not
benefit from private replies. 2. It looks like you dont want the effort
of reading the group.
Thanks and regards,
vinay

Lordy

IchBin

Paul said:
Vinay, take a look at Jakarta Commons Net
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/
The javadocs should be enough to get you started
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/apidocs/org/apache/commons/net/telnet/package-summary.html

Have fun
Also sourceforge and freshmeat.net have telnet apps that you could look
at their source code to get you going.

The Java Telnet Application
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jta

Java Telnet Daemon
http://freshmeat.net/projects/telnetd

Thanks in Advance...

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

vinay

Thanx for your valuable information. I came to know that we can connect
to unix telnet ID and execute the scripts from a java application
(using Runtime.exec()) which is on windows. Is it possible? if it is
please help me how to write with a sample code. I have to connect to
telent (unix). Please help me in this issue.
thanks and regards,
vinay.