Saving Session State

Slugsie

I am writing a .Net web application that needs to save some state
information across web pages. I'm using Session.Item("<item name>") = <item
state> calls in my VB code so save the session information. It all works
fine on my development machine (XP Pro), but the session information seems
to be getting lost when I deploy and run the application onto the server.
The session state info in the web.config file is the default (InProc).

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?

Other info:
Visual Studio.Net 2003
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
..Net Framework 1.1 (freshly installed). The only config changes I've made
are to change the userName to SYSTEM in machine.config (this is because the
server is a backup DC)