    Hey peeps, I'm trying to get a webpage open and start scrolled fully to the
    bottom. How should I go about this?

    Thanks!

    Phillip Parr, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Phillip Parr

    RobG Guest

    Two ways:

    1. Put an anchor at the bottom and include it in the URI
    for the page, e.g. http://<someURI>/page.html#end

    2. Use an onload function that includes a window.scrollBy()
    with a very large number (say 100000).

    Method 1. is greatly preferred as window.scrollBy() is
    legacy and not part of current spec.

    Rob.

    RobG, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Phillip Parr

    Phillip Parr Guest

    Now why didn't I think of that...

    Thanks!

    Phillip Parr, Sep 28, 2004
  4. JRS: In article <jn16d.1398$>, dated Mon, 27
    Sep 2004 23:29:19, seen in RobG
    3?. Execute something like location.href="#end", but only after
    reaching #end ???

    Dr John Stockton, Sep 28, 2004