SCROLLING

bean

Hello,
I have a menu at the top of my HTML page. When I scroll down the page,
I would like it to stay at the top of the browser window, even though
I'm no longer at the top of the page. Is this possible with
JavaScript, adn if so, how do I write the code?

Evertjan.

bean wrote on 11 sep 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
Hello,
I have a menu at the top of my HTML page. When I scroll down the page,
I would like it to stay at the top of the browser window, even though
I'm no longer at the top of the page. Is this possible with
JavaScript,
Yes

adn if so, how do I write the code?

By learning to write javascript.

[show us what you have done sofar]

optimistx

bean said:
Hello,
I have a menu at the top of my HTML page. When I scroll down the page,
I would like it to stay at the top of the browser window, even though
I'm no longer at the top of the page. Is this possible with
JavaScript, adn if so, how do I write the code?

Hi bean,
your question is good, I have been contemplating the same, but have not
found a good way to solve it. Especially internet explorer 6 does not obey
the 'position fixed' -expression in my tests.

This group might have active writers, who know ECMASCRIPT-262 standards
etc so well that they obviously think that they do not be friendly any more.
And
they might be right. This group is for difficult expert questions only in
their
opinion, I am afraid.

But do not allow that to spoil your day :).

Richard Cornford

optimistx said:
bean wrote:
... . Especially internet explorer 6 does not obey
the 'position fixed' -expression in my tests.
<snip>

It doesn't, but the strategies for that shortcoming of IE 6 have been
discussed and explored here many times by now. Those discussions could
be found by looking up "position fixed" in the archives.

Richard.