SelectCommand that does not return any key column information

Shenc

I am using the CommandBuilder to auto-build the insert/update/delete
commands. My select command is very simple like "Select * From MyTable".
where MyTable is a synonym created for a real table Owner.MyTable in an
Oracle DB. But I got an runtime error when it comes to any of the
GetUpdateCommand or GetDeleteCommand:

Dynamic SQL generation for the UpdateCommand is not supported against a
SelectCommand that does not return any key column information

I have checked Owner.MyTable, it does have a primary key defined. So I am
confused. I was wondering if any body has any suggestion on this. Maybe it's
the problem of synonym that when select will not return any key column info.
help..

ShenC

Val Mazur

Hi,

What kind of database are you using? What is your code, which generates that
error?

Joined
Dec 21, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
> I am using the CommandBuilder to auto-build the insert/update/delete
> > commands. My select command is very simple like "Select * From MyTable".
> > where MyTable is a synonym created for a real table Owner.MyTable in an
> > Oracle DB. But I got an runtime error when it comes to any of the
> > GetUpdateCommand or GetDeleteCommand:
> >
> > Dynamic SQL generation for the UpdateCommand is not supported against a
> > SelectCommand that does not return any key column information
> >
> > I have checked Owner.MyTable, it does have a primary key defined. So I
am
> > confused. I was wondering if any body has any suggestion on this. Maybe

the solution is : your table must have primary key.