SemanticDiff and new_value

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by mike.siegel, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. mike.siegel

    mike.siegel Guest

    I'm diffing two XML documents with SemanticDiff.

    the relevant portion is as follows:

    old:

    <fruit>
    <fruitcount="0"/>
    </fruit>

    new

    <fruit>
    <fruitcount="1"/>
    <apple type"red delicious"/>
    </fruit>

    The problem is this: I have keepdata set to 1, and old_value and
    new_value work fine when an element changes. However, with missing a
    rogue elements, the docs (if I'm understanding right) say that in the
    case of a missing element, old_value should be set, new_value not set,
    and vice versa for a rogue.

    However, when I ever I try to print old_value for a missing or
    new_value for a rogue, I get "o".

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Mike