Send a Reminder

Mariame

Hi Everyone
I send an email upon the user request to the administrator & i send a
reminder in case of two day pass without any action from the administrator
The problem is that i cant find the event that fire the Reminder action???
Thx in Adv

Guest

There wouldn't and can't be an event. Your code only runs when there is a
page to process. What I would do is write a sql job that checks nightly for
stuff like this and sends out the email. In a unix environment I would write
a cron job. Look to see if there is something like that in Windows.

Mariame

Thx Scott for ur response
but is it possible that the sql job call a visual basic code to be
executed???

Ryan Walberg, MCSD for .NET

Mariame said:
Thx Scott for ur response
but is it possible that the sql job call a visual basic code to be
executed???

Write a WSH script that queries the DB for a recordset of notifications
to be made and processes it. Use Scheduled Tasks to schedule it.