    working on the emails if there are any known solutions.
    Thank you
    Arek

    Arek, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Arek

    Patrice Guest

    Not clear. If you want the user to create a mail client side you could use a
    a href="mailto:" tag.
    If you want this to be server side, you'll have to use System.Web.Mail, you
    need a SMTP server (not necessarily local, possibly on a remote machine).

    Not clear when. Is this something you want to schedule ? (in which case you
    could this directly from the SQL Server database using a job that turns at
    given time and sends the reminder mail...)

    Patrice

    Patrice, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Arek

    Arek Guest

    Patrice,

    What I would like to do is to give users options to send reminders.
    For instance Mrs X adds a tasks to the database and assign MR Y to that
    task. Then there is a check box on the page. If checked, when she
    submits task system would send automatic email to Mr Y teeling him that
    task was added and assigned to him.

    Thank you
    Arek

    Arek, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Arek

    Patrice Guest

    So it looks like a mail that is sent immediatly and automatically server
    side when the form is submitted.

    See System.Web.Mail. You'll need of course a SMTP server but it could be at
    a remote location (AFAIK needs .NET 1.1 as this configuration is done
    throught the Fields Property).

    See :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;286431
    (this is for CDO but should apply as well to .NET, you may have also to add
    some authentification info is required byt the SMTP server).

    Patrice

    Patrice, Oct 12, 2004