Sending generated Office documents without saving them to disk

Mladen Jablanovic via .NET 247

I am creating dynamically some Office documents in my ASP.NET application. When I want to send the resulting document to the client, I am currently saving it to the local disk and then redirecting user's browser to it.
Is there any way to skip this saving phase, i.e. to send the document directly from memory?

avnrao

you can use Response.Write.
Set the Response.ContentType to the respective office doc type.

Av.