Sending mail to Hotmail - Using Smtpserver

Jayakumar

HI,

I am using System.web.mail class in my application to
send mails. I am using SMTP server for the same. I can
send mail to the intranet addresses, But when i send mails
to Hotmail or other domains the mails are not sent. What
should i do for the sending mails to hotmail and other
accounts. (But if i have send mails to hotmail from my
acount then i can send mails. ) Kindly reply for my
problems.

regards

A. jayakumar

Mohamed Zaki

Hi,
are you using the local SMTP Server on the machine ? if so please check if
there is a smart host in the smtp properties or not
SMTP Properties -> Delivery -> Advanced
if the smart host field is empty then fill it with external smtp server that
can route your messages to the external domains

hope this help

Regards,
Mohamed