Server Application Unavailable

Guest

I've been working on this application for two months. today i came to work,
opened visual studio and build my application. and i started getting the
error:
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently
unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request
failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review
this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Although it is said "failure can be found in the application event log", it
is not. i looked application and system logs but the error is not logged. why
would a system running without a problem would make such error without any
change in the config files or something? by te way, the application i am
working on is an asp.net + commerce server application.

Help is appreciated..