Server Error in '/' Application.

Guest

Hi

I have a Access Database linked into details view. Everything works fine
when I click "View in Web Browser" and it is run on Local host. I can view,
add, edit records.

When I publish it, I can view records, but I cannot update or insert new
records. It gives the error

Server Error in '/' Application.
"Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an
updateable query."

It is not stored on a write protected directory.

The Access Data Source is linked into the database which is in App_Data/
folder.

Why can it display but not update?

James

Jeff Dillon

As a test, you've given Everyone and IUSR_ Full Control to the App_Data
directory? I don't think IUSR is in the Everyone group actually.

Jeff

Guest

This is almost always because the ASPNET account (or whatever account the
application is running as) does not have write ACL permissions on the folder
where the Access MDB database file resides. Access needs to make temporary
files during operations. If it can't, that's the exception you get.

Try runnning it temporarily with an Administrator account to see if this is
the issue.
You can do this quickly by adding
<identity impersonate="true" userName="adminuser" password ="pass" />

to the web.config.

Peter

Guest

Hi

Thanks for your response,

Where should I put that in the file? I put it at the end and it gives an
error message 'Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.