server error when accessing webservice

miirpf

when i tried to access a simple webservice from a client program
written in c#, i got the following error :

Server Error in '/Application14' Application.

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with
HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

can someone please tell me the remedy of this problem?
thanks in advance..
-miirpf