Server.Transfer does not work?

Tom

Hi

I am trying to transfer to a different .ASPX page using Server.Transfer.
However, I get the following error:

"Error executing child request for [pagename].aspx."

Anyone know why?

Thanks for help.

Tom

This is my statement:

Server.Transfer("QuestionChoice.aspx");

I also tried:
Server.Transfer("QuestionChoice.aspx", true);

I get the same error for both statements.

Bill Priess said:
Can you post the code where you are calling the Server.Transfer?
Tom said:
Hi

I am trying to transfer to a different .ASPX page using Server.Transfer.
However, I get the following error:

"Error executing child request for [pagename].aspx."

Anyone know why?

Thanks for help.

trinitypete

I had a similar problem where I was Server.Transfer to
another aspx page which had a crystal report viewer on it.
If I executed the transfer it worked fine, if any other
user executed the transfer they received the error as you
did. The problem was that we were using windows integrated
security on the site and some of the user accounts didn't
have ACL permissions for the some of the crystal Dll's
etc.

I dont know if this is a similar situation to that what
you have.

Pete.

Tom

Thanks for the reply. My application is also using DLL libraries developed
in .NET. I removed integrated security and it worked (I wonder what's the
connection).

However, I got another error:
+++
Thread was being aborted.
Error Type: [System.Threading.ThreadAbortException]
+++

What I am trying to do is this:

When the user submits a form, I process the data (update the database) and
forward to request to another page, but I want the form submitted values to
be passed on to the new page.

Do you know of a way to do this?

Thanks