Session cookies question

Peter

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="mycookie" timeout="30" />

<sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="UseCookies" timeout="30" />

Can someone tell me the difference between the 2 timeout values about ?

Thanks
Peter

Joern Schou-Rode

Can someone tell me the difference between the 2 timeout values about ?

The first sets the timeout of the authentication cookie (the one that
tells ASP.NET that you have sucessfully authenticated yourself to the
site).

The second controls the timeout for the session state, that is the stuff
your application saves doing something like: Session["key"] = value

Peter

Thanks for your explanation.

Peter