Session Dies very quickly

Guest

Hi

Please help me out.

I have specified a Session timeout of 30 mins in my web.config file. I'm using the InProc mode. But my session is expirng very quickly max 5 mins. There are almost 200 users who will be logging into system everyday. I'm running my application on Win 2000 with IIS 5.0 and its a secure site

Thank
Raj

bruce barker

check in the event log to see if asp.net is recycling. with inproc, any
recycle or recompile will lose session state. Virus programs can cause
recycles.

if I had 200 user, I would not use inproc session, unless losing it has low
impact on the site.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Raj said:
Hi,

Please help me out.

I have specified a Session timeout of 30 mins in my web.config file. I'm
using the InProc mode. But my session is expirng very quickly max 5 mins.
There are almost 200 users who will be logging into system everyday. I'm
running my application on Win 2000 with IIS 5.0 and its a secure site.

Saravana [MVP]

Web Application in asp.net may restart due to following reason because of
which your session variable might get lost when it is inproc mode.

1. Various attributes (for example, the memoryLimit attribute) have
particular settings in the <processModel> section of the configuration
file.
2. The Global.asax or the Web.config file was modified.
3. The Bin directory of the Web application was modified.
4. Virus scanning software touched some .config files

Check out this support link for more details.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324772

--
Saravana
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET