Session information swapping between sessions

Dan

I have a weird problem that's putting both my job and my company in
jeopardy, and I hope you folks can help.

We have an application that we're slowly porting from classic asp to
asp.net -- portions are currently in both techs. Unfortunately, each
application uses session variables pretty frequently, so I need to sare
information between both session states.

Currently our login page (and htm page) posts to login.aspx, which verifies
username and password, stores them in session, and redirects to an asp page.
That page stores the userid in session and redirects back to the main dotnet
application. You following so far? We end up with the userid stored in both
session states, and the user is in the main application.

My problem is this: from time to time, a user logs in and gets another
user's information. This is rather bad, as we support a large number of
sales people who are suddenly getting access to their competitor's
prospects. Needless to say they're nonplussed.

I have no idea where in the process things can be breaking, or what to do
about it. I'm desperate here -- anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

Philipp Sumi

As long as you don't have a common solution, I would suggest to store
this kind of data centrally in a database which is being accessed from
both applications. This should not result in a performance hit unless
it's not a high-traffic tool.

HTH

Philipp