Session Lost

Javier Camacho

Hi,

We've a problem with our application. Often when the user is in the asp.net
application this loses the asp session. We have search information about
this problem but we've the same problem, even We've check the antivirus
tool, but this tool doesn't uses any application file.

We don't know what is the problem becasue we don't find a shared behavior
between each case.

Like additional information, the application runs under windows 2003 Server,
IIS 6.0, SQL Server 2000 and our application uses activex component in order
to print in the client printer, I don't know if this component is the
problem.

Regards,

Javier

Marina

If you have done research on this, I am very surprised that you didn't find
information that says that ASP and ASP.NET cannot and do not share the same
session state. This is because they run under 2 different processes.

Javier Camacho

sorry, I don't undurstand me, I want to say "Often when the user is in the
Regards

Marina

Check the event viewer for asp.net restarts.

It is possible that the activex is causing some problem causing asp.net to
recycle.

Brian Cryer

Javier Camacho said:
Hi,

We've a problem with our application. Often when the user is in the
asp.net application this loses the asp session. We have search information
about this problem but we've the same problem, even We've check the
antivirus tool, but this tool doesn't uses any application file.

We don't know what is the problem becasue we don't find a shared behavior
between each case.

Like additional information, the application runs under windows 2003
Server, IIS 6.0, SQL Server 2000 and our application uses activex
component in order to print in the client printer, I don't know if this
component is the problem.

Regards,

Javier

Is your session information being stored In-Proc? If so, why not try
StateServer instead?

Brian

www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Patrice

How long does he stay in the ASP.NET application ? If the user hits only
ASP.NET pages for more than the timeout, the ASP session will timeout as
usual...

Patrice