Session Object v Data Cache

Wee Bubba

hello.

i have some lookups tables which I need to store when a user logs in.
the data with these tables is user specific. also this data needs to
be accessed for every page so I want to store it somewhere.

i can store these dataTables in the session object or I can store them
inside the data cache using a unique identifier as the key.

i realise that if i place this data inside the session object then the
memory will get freed as soon as the user logs out. but the data is
non updateable and i also know that the data cache offers quick
access and memory scavenging.

can anyone offer me ideas as to what the core differences are? when
should I use one and not the other? are there performance
differences? thanks.
Posted at: http://www.GroupSrv.com
Check: http://wwww.HotCodecs.com