    Now, I'm developing the UI project that use the webservice project.
    Ocationally I met the situation that I mentioned before.

    Thanks.

    bluewind44, Oct 19, 2005

  2. bluewind44

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Session variables don't expire before the end of the session.
    They can be *removed* before the end, or you have a different
    session than you think.

    You mention WebService. Webservices by default do *not* use
    Session (for speed). So it you try to store something in Session in one
    call and then use that in a next call, the value is gone (or even more
    drastic: "Session" is null, so you get an error when you try to store anything)

    To enable sessions for webservices:
    1) use [WebMethod(EnableSession=true)] on the webservice method
    2) create a CookieContainer (that's the name, I think) and add it to
    the webservice proxy at the calling side (there is a property with a similar name).
    Then use the same proxy or at least the same container for both calls.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Oct 19, 2005

  3. bluewind44

    bluewind44 Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    Actually I don't use session varaiable on the webservice project.
    I just use in a UI Projects and save it as a string variable.
    Then I call my webservie project by using the string variable.

    You mentioned about removement of session variable.
    What cause removing the session variable ?

    bluewind44, Oct 19, 2005
  4. If, for some reason, the ASP.NET worker process crashes and gets recycles,
    or the IIS worker process crashes and is recycled, you will lose all session
    variables.

    -Altaf[MVP]

    S.M. Altaf [MVP], Oct 19, 2005
  5. Unless you are using State Server or SQL Server
    to maintain state for your applications, of course.

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 19, 2005
  6. bluewind44

    bluewind44 Guest

    Thanks really for all replies. ^_^