session vars how many is to many ?

Guest

Hi,

I ve read a while ago that you should use session variables
sparingly ?

So the question im asking is how many is to many?
is it server memory dependant and therefore i can just use more ram ?
is there any calculation u can do to determin how much memroy session is
taking up per user ?

Etc

I have a session class which holds about 20 set/get properties which i write
to session

TIA

Stu

WJ

Stu said:
Hi,

I ve read a while ago that you should use session variables
sparingly ?

If stored to disk then it should not matter as long as there is space on
disk.

John

gaidar

But if session object will grow in size to VERY BIG then performance of your
application decreases. So - test, test and test before publish your
application to production server.

WJ

gaidar said:
But if session object will grow in size to VERY BIG ....

If session ever reaches this ...magnitude.... Then one should reconsider
design strategy for the application. To me, session is for application/user
experiences or so called "convenience". Such repetitive data as punching in
user Login credential or names... or data that is considered short term are
suitable for session. For performances over port 80, if you have to deliver
100,000 records per request, then the application is not suitable for
interactive web usage.

John