Session_End not firing or limited?

Stig Johansen

I have what I thought was a simple task. When the user's
session times out I want to save some data to a database
so that these can be retrieved the next time the user
connects. I have therefore put this in the Session_End
procedure of the global.asax.vb file.

The problem is that nothing seems to happen. So either the
Session_End is not firing or there is some issue with
using the sqlclient at this time?

I have made sure that the session is run "inproc".

Would appreciate a lot if anyone have any
experiences/suggestions to share?

Stig

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Stig,

Session_End fires on a background thread, so it's not going to fire
immediately when a session times out, but it will fire.

If you place some exception handling in your ADO.NET code, you will be able
to determine what's happening.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET