Sessions -Setting a timeout in order to re-logon

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ric Pullen, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Ric Pullen

    Ric Pullen Guest

    Hi,

    i've been playing around with the session time out setting in the webconfig.
    Now i set it at 1 minute and waited in the global.asx in the session end
    event but it does not fire.

    What i'm trying to achieve is the following.

    Forms authentification login : - Done
    If the user leaves the application open and unused for more than 10 minutes.
    I want kill the authentification and move them back to the log on screen.
    (now i have achieved the killing of the authentification and returning to
    the log on via a log off button) Now i want to activate the same code if
    their session times out.

    Has anyone done something similar or know of code to do this?

    Ric

    Ric Pullen, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Ric Pullen

    PJ Guest

    The SessionEnd event will only fire if you are using InProc session mode.

    PJ, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Ric Pullen

    Ric Pullen Guest

    Cheers, this is what i'm doing though, i've taken a copy of some of the
    info in the web.config

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name=".logoncookie" loginUrl="secure/Login.aspx" protection="All"
    timeout="80" path="/"/>
    </authentication>

    <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
    cookieless="false" timeout="1"/>

    Ric Pullen, Jul 30, 2003