sessionState and cookies

mike parr

I want to use cookies on my website, simply to identify the user when
they come to my website (I will just be writing one for new users and
reading from people who are already users when they reach my home page).
Do I need to put cookieless="false" in my web.config sessionState tag,
or does it not matter (I usually use cookieless="true", but I never read
or write cookies). This is my usual sessionState :

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
cookieless="true"
timeout="20"
/>

Do I just stick with this?

Cheers,

Mike

mike parr

Does this mean that with cookieless="true" I can read and write cookies
without the user having to have cookies enabled on their machine?

Mike