Set Column Width in DataList

Wayne Wengert

I have a datalist that displays data from an SQL Server 2000 DB. One of the
fields contains names in the format "LastName FI". When the data is
displayed for that field it seems to base the width of the column on the
longest value of LastName which means I often get the lastname on one line
and the first initial on a second line (I guess is breaks on the space?)

How can I circumvent that second line? I tried adding code to set the column
width but it is not having any effect?

Wayne

Rick Spiewak

Try putting a <DIV> into the cell. Browsers tend to do whatever suits them
with tables.

Wayne Wengert

Rick;

Sorry to be dense but I am not clear on how to use a <DIV> tag to prevent a
field from wrapping?

Wayne