Set Width in DataGrid columns

Alberto

I have a dataGrid control in an ascx module. The code is this:

gridUsers.DataSource = users.GetUsers();
gridUsers.DataBind();

As you can see, the GetUsers() method returns a DataSet object.

What I want is modify the widht of the columns. I have to do it in code
(because it's linked in runtime) but I don't know how to do it.

Thank you.

Janaka

The width of the columns is set in the ascx file and hasn't got anything to
do with DataBinding. You set the width by using the syntax
ItemStyle-Width="width" and HeaderStyle-Width="width" in your BoundColumn
or TemplateColumn

Alberto

I tried with this:
gridUsers.Columns[0].ItemStyle.Width = 1000;
and with this:
gridUsers.Columns[0].Heather.Width = 1000;

But none of them works.

Janaka

Try doing it in the html portion of the ascx file
i.e.

<BoundColumn id="Heather" DataField="foo" ItemStyle-Width="1000" />