setTimeout setInterval specs

Aamir Ghanchi

Can anyone explain why their is no documentation for both of these
funstions on the devedge.netscape.com website?

TIA

Michael Winter

Can anyone explain why their is no documentation for both of these
funstions on the devedge.netscape.com website?

There is, just not in the new versions. They removed all information about
host objects and concentrated on the language instead.

Look at version 1.3. It might also be worth while looking at the
information provided in the group's FAQ notes. This describes using
function references with them.

<URL:http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/misc.html#mtSetTI>

Mike

Evertjan.

Aamir Ghanchi wrote on 19 aug 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
Can anyone explain why their is no documentation for both of these
funstions on the devedge.netscape.com website?

Those functions are not javascript or jscript,
but part of the OS platform.

Just like: document.write(), etc.

Aamir Ghanchi

Aahaa! so they are window object's methods and are in DOM. I thought
them to be part of the language. Thank you all very much.