Show how many visitors are online!

Luis E Valencia

I want to show how many visitors do I have at my website, If the user is
logged I must show it on the list. If there 5 users not logged I must show 5
Guests.

Curt_C [MVP]

it will NEVER be fully accurate...
just add (+1) to a counter in a field, file, etc with the session starts and
remove it with the session on_end

Curt_C [MVP]

it does it but it's not accurate... it never will be.
WWW isn't a statefull system. User connects, page renders, user disconnects,
repeat as needed.
fire up a php nuke site once, connect and make sure user goes +1, then hit
the X in the browser.
Reconnect, most likely it did not go (-1) yet, not until the session times
out.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

Luis E Valencia

Anyway tell me how to do it in code please
Curt_C said:
it does it but it's not accurate... it never will be.
WWW isn't a statefull system. User connects, page renders, user disconnects,
repeat as needed.
fire up a php nuke site once, connect and make sure user goes +1, then hit
the X in the browser.
Reconnect, most likely it did not go (-1) yet, not until the session times
out.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software