Silverlight Newsgroup?

Monty

Yes, I know this isn't a silverlight newsgroup, but...

1) Can anyone tell me where we can discuss Silverlight?
2) Every time I try to install the developer component, I get this error
message:

Error 3010
Silverlight Installation has completed successfully. However, a
restart is required to complete the install. Please save your
work and restart your computer.

When I restart, it's not in my start menu and doesn't appear to be anywhere
in IE. How can I hope to become a silverlight blackbelt when I can't even
find the dang thing?

Thanks.

[win xp, SP 2, IE6, VS2005]

Juan T. Llibre

And, for ASP.NET-related Silverlight discussions, the ASP.NET Futures forum is at :

http://forums.asp.net/1127.aspx

John Timney (MVP) said:
http://silverlight.net/forums/14.aspx

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

Monty said:
Yes, I know this isn't a silverlight newsgroup, but...

1) Can anyone tell me where we can discuss Silverlight?
2) Every time I try to install the developer component, I get this error message:

Error 3010
Silverlight Installation has completed successfully. However, a
restart is required to complete the install. Please save your
work and restart your computer.

When I restart, it's not in my start menu and doesn't appear to be anywhere in IE. How can I hope to become a
silverlight blackbelt when I can't even find the dang thing?

Thanks.

[win xp, SP 2, IE6, VS2005]

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Monty,

Currently SilverLight is still in alpha (1.1) and beta (1.0), and our MSDN
Managed Newsgroup doesn't have a dedicated newsgroup for it yet. As John
and Juan suggested, please use the forum, which is also monitored by
Microsoft employees.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support