simple ascx page_load firing twice

dx

I have a simple user control (.ascx) that is dynamically instantiated in the
calling aspx page and added to the control tree (within the page_load.)

I have checked and the calling page only executes it's page_load once. Why
is the page_load of the ascx fired twice?

Thanks in advance,
stan

Peter O'Reilly

If you are using code-behind, check that the AutoEventWireup Page attribute,
located at the top of the aspx page, is set to false.

hb

Peter O'Reilly said:
If you are using code-behind, check that the AutoEventWireup Page attribute,
located at the top of the aspx page, is set to false.

What if it is set to false, and the ascx page load fires twice still?