    for flowchart-style graphs or general graphics libraries, but nothing
    so far that matches my needs.

    Bill

    Bill Atkins, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Bill Atkins ha scritto:
    sis you try svg::graph ?

    gabriele renzi, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Bill Atkins

    Bill Atkins Guest

    I looked into it, but I'd rather use PNG or some other image format,
    since my users will most likely not have SVG support. Is there some
    way to convert SVG's to PNG's?

    Bill

    Bill Atkins, Jan 7, 2005
  4. What about RVG? It's a Ruby library, using RubyMagick and ImageMagick,
    that appears to allow SVG-style drawing on PNGs.

    -austin

    Austin Ziegler, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Bill Atkins ha scritto:
    Well, you can, for sure, but I'm not sure if there is an automatized
    way. Maybe inkscape or sodipodi would allow this.

    gabriele renzi, Jan 7, 2005
  6. Bill Atkins

    Aquila Guest

    imagemagick, runs ons windows and unix/linux

    Aquila, Jan 7, 2005
  7. Bill Atkins

    Tim Hunter Guest

    ImageMagick will convert SVG to other image formats, but its
    capabilities are limited. What it does it does well but it only
    supports a subset of SVG. (The author of ImageMagick tells me he's
    going to be enhancing IM's SVG support very soon.) The ImageMagick
    binding for Ruby is RMagick (http://rmagick.rubyforge.org).

    Tim Hunter, Jan 7, 2005
  8. There are problems for DisplayViewer with RMagick and ImageMagick for
    both the Windows Version and X Display Version. Look the archives, there
    are some threads discussing this issus.

    Sarah Tanembaum, Jan 8, 2005
  9. Right; I was involved with those discussions and proposed that RMagick
    actually fake out the interface for Windows using a Fox display item.

    However, Mr Atkins's problem is specifically for the web -- where the
    DisplayViewer capabilities aren't required. He can simply toss the
    image to a webserver to see that it's right.

    This is still the right solution.

    -austin

    Austin Ziegler, Jan 9, 2005